Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weeeeeeeeee......

Expectant Mom is enjoying the downhill ride... for the most part

I know. I'm 3 weeks late. I actually have a COUPLE of good excuses. :-) For one, I can definitely point back to where I said I would "try" to do once a week. I didn't promise - so that should let me off the hook a little bit. It truly was my plan to do once a week but what's the old saying about "plans"? "The best laid plans often go awry" - (from the book Of Mice and Men). Ok, so that is Excuse #1. Excuse #2 - Let's think back a few posts. Remember when I said there was a proverbial snowball in which event after event, it picks up snow... gets bigger.. and goes faster??? Ok, so that is Excuse #2. I have been trying to juggle all of these life changing events (of which I know I should be blogging about) But they are happening so fast that time gets away from me. So bear with me - I'll be a little long-winded today but I know you've been waiting, so here it goes.. :-)

Ok, so it hasn't been anything real monumental but basically it's all of the tasks that still need to be done before the baby comes. THANK YOU LORD for friends and family who have pitched in to help me! I've got one friend coming weekly to help me do whatever I need (Thanks Steph) and another who after 3 visits to the store we finally finished 1 of the registries (Thanks Lisa) This is all in the midst of her losing her cat of 11 years (a moment of silence for Casper please....) and being sick. Not to mention, my sister-in-law who is pitching in to do the other registry (Thanks Tiffanie), because I don't think I could have done another one.

Who knew it would take 3 days to do a registry. I must admit, we were only there for an hour the 1st day and I thought I would pass out - literally and figuratively. I did have to leave due to feeling faint, but on top of that we had just gotten down the 1st aisle. My head was spinning from all of the STUFF to think about, to get - what in the WORLD????? "I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!!!" (Butterfly McQueen - Gone with the Wind). It was mind boggling - not to mention, I am so used to picking up the registry for others, I just couldn't believe I was actually doing one for myself. Trust me - as I type - it is still very surreal.

On top of all of that, I've got this in INSANE idea to move! GASP!!! Ok close your mouth - you heard/read correctly. Yes we are moving to a new place. If you have seen where I live as many of you have, you understand why and sympathize. Without going into details, we are moving probably in the next two weeks. Long story short, I live in a 3 story townhome where the 1st floor where the entrance is has the washer/dryer and the third floor is living space. Two flights of stairs + All day every day + baby = NOT HAPPENING! :-) It sounds like I am cutting it close timewise, but I have been looking probably since end of August beginning of September. It takes time to find a good place. We have a lot of stipulations too so it has taken a minute. I think we have narrowed it down but now we may have to contend with HIDEOUS hunter green carpet. If you have any ideas on covering that up - less a bazillion area rugs - please, by all means.. share and share quickly. At any rate, I think I am willing to deal with it for the time being. It has everything else we want and need. Would I give that up because of green carpet??? I am still working on determining that. Pray for a sister! :-)

So last week we started child-birth classes and we had a good time. Our first lesson was on nutrition and eating healthy for the baby. I thought it a bit odd that we started off with nutrition seeing as though we are all in our 3rd trimester. But the nutritionist did say that they concentrate here because the baby will grow the most in these next couple of months. And you want to make sure you are eating properly for that. So that was cool. We haven't gotten to the deep stuff like labor yet, but it's coming and so are the videos. Now this will be interesting to see how the men - including mine - will react to the child-birthing video. I will definitely have to keep you posted on that one.

So aside from packing, looking for a place, finishing registries, there is still quite a bit to do.. and once again Fabulous Friends are pitching in. I still have to do the room wherever we land (Thanks Oksana) and I still need to take pregnancy pics (Thanks Samon) and several other little things to take care of.

As of today, October 5th, I have exactly 8 weeks to the due date. Tomorrow marks the start of my 32nd week (which puts me at the start of 8 months). I am on my two week visits and have another doctor's appointment on Thursday. Baby G is rumbling and tumbling pretty well. He is obviously growing and has found his way to my right rib cage. I'm starting to lose sleep which sounds like I am right on track! I've managed to range from 2 to 4 pillows nightly, but still haven't really found a good way to get completely comfortable. I was on my laptop on Sunday afternoon (looking for places) when the "sleepy stick" (as Ezra and I like to call it) smacked me right over the head. Next thing I know, I was knocked out for about 2.5 hrs. Now I don't nap often at all -(even during the entire pregnancy, I probably napped once on a Sunday) so I am getting TIRED and it is hitting me with no warning.

But all in all, it is ALL GOOD! As I said in the subtitle - I am enjoying the ride for the most part. Of course anxiety, worry, nervousness, panic - they all have their place and have played their role diligently but I am taking it all in stride and excited about it all. It is going to be FUN! And I appreciate you all hanging out with me thus far. It's been great!

Until next time.....
Marcia

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad I was able to help with the registry. I was just happy you and G didn't get sick. I would have been too upset with myself. Thanks for the moment of silence for my Casper.

    ReplyDelete