Monday, August 16, 2010

It's about TIME

Timing is everything for this expectant mom

Hey there! I know I know, I am off the schedule. Well I have a very valid reason as to why I am officially 2 Sundays late. Are you ready? Well as we used to say as kids in a good game of Hide and Seek "Ready or Not - Here it comes" :-).....

So what has been the hold up? I will tell you what.. Time. It hasn't bowed down to me lately and and we haven't been in agreement. It keeps going and I haven't been keeping up with it very well. These last couple of weeks have been busy. As you all know, I celebrated my birthday Friday before last. - August 6th. I had a great day and night. Thanks to all who sent B-day wishes my way! I went to a Drive-In movie for the first time ever (WAY COOL). The weather was quite cooperative with a nice breezy summer night. The movie itself was ok but the whole experience was great! It was a double feature but by the end of the first I was nearly falling asleep and we still had about 45 minute trip back home. But for those in Nashville, I highly recommend Stardust Drive-In in Watertown, TN.

Everything was going well the remainder of the weekend, until Saturday night. That's when Time and I started to become distant. We'd come home late from another evening out, only to find that the air conditioner in our residence had decided it had enough. The Nashville heat had knocked it out for the count. We managed to make it through the night but something had to be done on Sunday (whose weather wasn't too kind). After contacting out landlord, we spent most of the day copping free air from the mall only to find it even hotter in the house when we returned. Needless to say, we needed another place to stay because did I mention that I was pregnant and heat and pregnancy have NOTHING in common!! Thank GOD for family in the area which provided us a cool spot to lay our heads.

What we thought might be a small problem with the unit, turned in to a 4 day stint. We didn't return home until Wednesday, August 11th. Which (if you are keeping track) was our anniversary. For me, not being in my normal environment throws me off kilter a little bit. There was no schedule anymore, no rhyme or reason to anything, we were just making sure we stayed cool and had something to eat. I had to make several trips back and forth to the HOT house to get things that I needed and to let the people in to work on the unit. By the time, Wednesday evening rolled around - we were determined to do SOMETHING to celebrate. Although the air was fixed the house hadn't yet cooled. So we caught another movie.

Thursday - Saturday came and went with me trying to play catch up on what I didn't do the previous Sunday through Wednesday. Saturday, we stepped up our game a little and did a little in-town getaway for our anniversary. I am told you have to do these things before the baby comes because apparently some think that your relationship will cease to exist after that point. Not buying it though! LOL. But there you have it! Time slipped right through my fingers and the next thing I know it's Sunday again and after another event to attend there was no blogging. But I was determined to make it happen today!

All in All August has been a good month so far. Next week I get to see my little person again! He has been quite active these last few days (for which I am thankful). I am officially 24 weeks - which I believe is the start of 6 months (I think - wait a minute - YOU are supposed to be doing the math! :-)). Things are still going well and the days are coming quickly. Before we know it, it will be December and it will be time to welcome Baby G to the world. I'm so excited to see who he will look like - me or Ezra or a hodepodge of both. Hmmmmm... sounds like the makings of another wager to me :-)


Until next time....
Marcia

1 comment:

  1. I place my bet on looking like you. Little boys ALWAYS (well of course not always, but quite often) look like their MAMAS! :-)

    ReplyDelete